5 Steps to improve your site ranking
October 26, 2021
By: Navya IT
The position of a website in the search engine results page is referred to as rankings in SEO. There are a number of ranking elements that determine whether a website shows higher on the SERP based on its content relevance to the search phrase or the quality of backlinks linking to it. Search engine optimization (SEO) should be at the top of your priority list if you rely on people finding you through a Google search.
You may do a few things to improve your chances of being ranked higher in Google searches. Here are some of them:
- Improve your page loading speed: If your website’s load speed is too slow, Google will notice and harm your ranking. A slow website, on the other hand, will have an impact on how your visitors interact with your content. As a result, your ranking will suffer as a result of those bad interactions. Research shows 40% of visitors will abandon websites if the page takes longer than 3 seconds to load.
- Produce high-quality content: High-quality, current, and relevant material is required. The so-called dwell time is another component that affects your SEO ranking. This refers to the amount of time visitors spend on your site per visit. Fresh, fascinating, or newsworthy content on your site will keep visitors on your page longer, increasing dwell time. Long dwell periods are common on websites that contain a lot of useful information. High-quality and relevant content will increase the chances of your website being bookmarked by visitors.
- Encourage sharing on social media: Every company and website should have a social media presence. That is rather widespread information. What’s less generally recognized is that people sharing links to your website on social media can help you enhance your SEO ranking.
- Use relevant keywords: Keywords play an important role in improving your site. If you oversaturate your website with keywords, it will have an adverse effect on your ranking. Long-tail keywords, which are three or four-word phrases that can be found in a search, should also be used. Your website will have a better chance of ranking higher if your keywords match their search.
- Use alt tags: Always use alt tags, or alternative text descriptions, to explain your image and video files. They make it possible for search engines to find your page, which is critical for folks who use text-only browsers or screen readers. Alt tags give search engine crawlers context for what a picture is showing, helping them to properly index the image.
You can’t purchase Google rank with money alone, but you can enhance your position on the search engine results page with a little time and planning.